Friday, March 29, 2013

4 months of no hives...

So I have nearly reached my 4-month mark of no hives (after 7 months of having them!). The hives have been absent all winter (except for the couple that I got on the day I had my skin scratch test for tree nuts). No antihistamines either at all.

Although I am eager to have the "green" return to the landscape, I also have real worries that the pollens will mean that the hives will come back.

As for the red flushing/blotching issue, I am now thinking my birth control pill may be a contributor to that.  I have just recently noticed that when I am between birth control packs and taking the 'placebo' pills, I don't have those issue on those days. Then when I start the hormone pills back, within 1-2 days, it starts up again. I am seeing my gynecologist next week to discuss changing the pill type, to see if that affects it at all.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment