Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Still No Hives, Flowers Cause Small Rash, Flushing Reduced

So, I'm at 4.5 months now of no hives. I got them in early June last year, so we shall see what happens over the next 1.5-2 months. Still not taking any antihistamines.
However, today after pulling some old flowers out of a vase to throw them out, shortly after I had a small rash appear on my fingers of that hand -- even after washing my hands almost right away. I have to assume it is from the flowers, because nothing else about today was different. The rash is now finally fading after almost 9 hours. (I didn't take anything for it or use any creams though.)
I just wanted to point it out because it might just show my high degree of allergic response to small things. Guess that means I need to wear gloves when planting and tending to my garden this year!
I am almost 2 weeks into the new oral contraceptive pill now too, and I have noticed a decrease in the flushing and red blotching. However, because it is "early days", I don't want to make any correlation to the medication change just yet. I will assess in a few weeks and post my thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment