Friday, June 21, 2013

I guess the hives weren't seasonal

Not a hive to be found anywhere, thank goodness. So my other theory that they could have somehow been related to my seasonal allergies/hay fever is clearly unfounded. I only took Allegra for 4-5 days this month in total, my seasonal allergies actually haven't even been that bad this year.

I still get flushed easily from the heat, but not more of the prickly rash that I was getting. The new hormone (oral contraceptive) that I am on now seems to be agreeing with me much better.

So in general... not much to report!  Maybe my bout with chronic hives will stay in remission for awhile. I sure do hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I have been following this blog for a while. How are you these days? I started with chronic hives in feb 2013 and were full blown by march 5th. I had to be on steroids for 19 days in march - till beginning of April and got them under control. I had to go back on them for 48 in June thanks to taking augmentin and I reacted to it. Go figure right. Well since June I was placed on singulair once a day in combo with me twice a day Claritin and twice a day 150 mg Zantac. This past Friday I decreased my Zantac to once a day with no side effects. My question to you is, how did you know you were going/in remission....did you just stop taking meds I can't remember. I am just happy for you that you are in remission as this stuff can be quite debilitating. Thank you for your blog, I felt like at times I was reading my own life :) I'd know if that's a good thing or bad but like others it's nice to be able to relate to someone who has experienced the same thing.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete