Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Seasonal allergies have started.

This past weekend, my seasonal allergies kicked in, pretty much right on schedule. They were very bad all day and night Sunday, I think they merged with a head cold to create a perfect storm of misery.

Reluctantly, I started the Allegra back up, roughly taking 1 every 18 hours.  I used the term "reluctantly," because based on one of my blog commenter's own experience, I was worried that Allegra was potentially to blame for my hives last year, and that perhaps I had never made the connection.  I am pleased to say that in my case, Allegra doesn't appear to be the culprit.  No hives. I don't know if Allegra has a compounding effect in the body (i.e. the longer you take it, the more that it builds up thereby creating a point in which the body reacts with an allergic response), but I did read that it's half life is approx only 14.5 hours.

I will continue to monitor and see what happens as allergy season continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment