Saturday, September 8, 2012

My skin rashes easily, stemming from same issue as hives?

I have also been noticing since the hives have started that my skin in general is more reactive. As mentioned before, if my husband is snuggling against me with his beard stubble, any skin that he rubs against gets very inflamed and "rashy" -- and takes at least an hour to fade away.

Today, I was in the grocery store carrying a basket of groceries around, with the handles slung across the crook of my elbow. I had a light wool sweater on underneath. Afterwards, I have this bright red rash where the handle rubbed my sweater against my skin, under the weight of the basket. It has been an hour now and the rash is just now starting to fade a little bit.

Even after taking two allegra yesterday and one this morning, I still have a few hives on my hands today, so what good is even doing? Other than giving me a light headache and GI upset...

As I read about others' experiences online, there definitely seems to be a strong connection between Thyroid Antibodies and hives and rashes. In my case, because all of my thyroid tests have come back well in the normal ranges (none even 'borderline'), none of the doctors feel I need to be treated for that.

I feel like I'm banging my head up against the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment