Saturday, September 1, 2012

H. Pylori is not the cause of my hives

Bloodwork test results came back, and I am negative for H. Pylori. So, I guess there will be no easy fix in understanding the cause here.

This past week, my mother had unexpected heart surgery -- she is doing fine, but it was very stressful. The morning after her surgery, I woke with a few hives on my right hand. They faded in about an hour, even before I got to work.

This morning when I jumped in the shower, I noticed a series of hives on my hips where the elastic from my underwear would have been rubbing. I have read that these are called "Pressure Urticaria." These are smaller in radius but a brighter red than other types of hives I get. They are still raised though.

My husband believes that my hives are due to stress. He also thinks they are "trailing"... meaning, they don't appear right away when there is stress, but maybe 1/2 day or a day later. Perhaps something about stress is playing tricks on my body's releasing of histamine???

The most frustrating thing about this is that I never know where and when they are going to show up. Sometimes when I am stressed, there are no hives. Other times, there they are. And I am about to turn 40 years old, and have had a lot of stress in my life (as we all have), and never had hives as a response before!

But at least for now, they are not as widespread as they were a few months ago. I haven't been taking any antihistamines for weeks either. I figure I will reserve them for when/if they start to become more numerous or frequent.

1 comment:

  1. It's four hours later, and the pressure urticaria haven't faded even a bit, but no new ones have formed either. I think I might start back on the antihistamines for the next few days and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete