Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A few here and there, so what next?

Over the past week since stopping the thyroid hormone, I have only seen a small "half hive" here and there -- usually on my hands/wrists (seems to be a favorite spot for mine). I have one on my left hand this morning. But no more pressure hives along elastic or waistband areas in many weeks. My anxiety from the suppressed thyroid (due to all the thyroid hormone) is starting to simmer down a bit, slowly.

From the medical research reports that I read, people who saw the hives disappear once taking the thyroid hormone, after stopping the hormone, the hives returned within 2 weeks time. So I am only 8 days out. We shall see what happens.

So still not taking any antihistamine either. It also does make me wonder if the hives are/were tied to pollen seasonality. I know that my allergists dismissed that notion, saying that hives would not come from inhaling pollens, but to have them subside in the wintertime seems like there might be something to that.

I was decorating our christmas tree yesterday (it's a fresh cut tree) and fearing a bit that the needles would give me hives. They are so prickly and itchy! But I am pleased to report that did not happen. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment