Monday, December 3, 2012

Cholinergic rash continues

For the past few days, still hives free -- except for Saturday evening, I took a slightly longer shower than usual and ended up with a very bad case of the Cholinergic hives/rash afterwards. All on my lower legs, from kneecaps to ankles. My face was a bit flushed too, but the legs were the worse. And they itched pretty badly, a burning itch. It went away in about an hour, as usual. I did also end up with a few short-lived hives during that as well, one on my right side of belly and a few wee ones on hands, but they all lasted less than an hour. No different soaps or shampoos -- I think it was simply because I was under the water longer than usual.

I don't even dare to try taking a bath, even though I used to all the time as a way to relax and unwind! Grumble!!

So who can tell -- is the thyroid medication helping reduce the hives outbreaks, and when they do appear, reduce in duration and severity? And why would that not also help with the heat-induced rash?

I got my bloodwork done today to re-check all my thyroid levels now that I've been taking the drug for a month. They want to make sure I'm not getting too much thyroid hormone.

No matter what, I am thankful at least that the hives are greatly reduced!

No comments:

Post a Comment