Friday, December 21, 2012

No hives appeared, anxiety med change reason?

In my description on my blog, I admit that I suffer from anxiety. At times in my life, it has required me to go onto antidepressant medications to help keep it at bay. Two weeks ago, my doctor wanted me to switch to a different one, because the one I had been taking elevated my glucose levels (to just slightly above normal ranges). So I have been doing that for the past two weeks, and the change hasn't gone well. I have had horrible side effects from the new drug, including insomnia and increased sweating. Yet amidst all of that, I have not had any hives emerge. But the side effects are too much to take, so I am going back to the old one.

I had long wondered if my antidepressant was contributing to my body's over-reaction with the hives and the red flushing issues. I had hoped that by going off it and onto something else, it would help tell me something if the issues went away. But unfortunately, because I am going to be staying on that one vs. changing, we won't know.

I also have been avoiding rice consumption. I haven't had any hives or the red flushing since my last post.

We'll continue to see how things go!  But the hives seemed to have been fading out, and I am thinking that was probably happening on its own -- regardless of the trial with the thyroid hormone or this short-lived attempt to change anxiety medication.

Here's to a Happy Hives-Free Holidays!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment