Thursday, November 1, 2012

Only Two Tiny Hives in 2.5 Week, Antihistamine Free for 12 Days

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but I like how this has been going. The only problem is that Insomnia has kicked in, I think because of the diet change or the stress/anxiety about the diet change. I am slowly going to work my way back to my normal diet (but I think I will probably stay gluten free for a long time), and continue to monitor how it goes.  If the hives return, then I know it is somehow connected to diet and not connected to seasonal allergies.

Why do I bring up seasonal allergies again?

Looking on weather.com, I see that weed pollen count is now "low" for my region, with tree and grass pollens each at "none." Interestingly, in September and through mid October, weed pollen was "high" and then tapered to "moderate" (now to low). That is when my round 2 of hives outbreak cropped back up again. Coincidence?

However, inhaling pollen doesn't seem to cause hives and that is what my allergists told me too. Only coming in to contact with it. But my perspective is, something is going haywire in my body that is causing hives -- my body is reading something as needing an  allergic response. So in the absence of any other viable explanation, I figure anything might be possible!

Regardless -- I am thrilled that the hives have diminished to one tiny only every couple of days. A far cry from where it was in the middle of summer. Now, if only I could sleep!!


No comments:

Post a Comment