Monday, November 12, 2012

Still a few hives, but too early to tell I think

This weekend, I did get a few small hives both on Saturday and Sunday. They never became "full blown" well defined wheals with the white ring around them, but they were the beginnings of them. They all faded after only a couple of hours too. Interestingly in Friday evening, I did some exercise and worked up a sweat, but did not have any hives as a result. (On Saturday, the hives didn't set in until evening -- after spending most of the day at the park. Sunday, I did some yard/garden clean-up to remove dead plants and our veggie plants that are done from the season. So both of those days, certainly some inhaled and contact pollen exposures, though I imagine very low due to time of year.)

Today I woke up very nauseated and generally not feeling well, so I am working from home today. Not sure if it is due to the new medication, or just a little bug that I am fighting. I have a red circle/spot on my right wrist that just started less than an hour ago. It doesn't look exactly like a hive though, but has the white-ish circle around it, so who knows.

From the studies that I read where patients found resolution from hives through Thyroid medication, a few things were consistent:

  • They started off with small doses
  • Some had to increase dose to get resolution
  • Most found near-complete resolution in less than 4 weeks once they got to the right dose
So I do think it is still early for me. This is only Day #7 on the thyroid medication. And 9 days without antihistamine.

I also need to get my hair colored again this coming weekend. Last time I did that, I ended up with a big hives outbreak. Then later next week, we travel for the Thanksgiving holiday. So lots of triggers coming up. It will be interesting to see what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment